Monday, November 7, 2011

Nov 7

What a week.  Was trying to get the house cleaned up for friends coming over boy was that hard.  I also cleaned that carpets. That was the hard part. :)  I did fit sometime in for reading.  I read Wrangled and Tangled by Lorelei James and Beyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning. 

Wrangled and Tangled I loved!  I love getting to read more on charters that you have already met in another book.  This is the third book in A Blacktop Cowboys series. This book went between Abe and Janie relationship  and Renner and Tierney relationship.  I can't even tell you all the reasons I loved this book, you just need to read it. This book just came out so I don't want to give anything away.

Beyond the Highland Mist I have read before and enjoyed so much I wanted to read it again. It did not disappoint the second time around.  I was still so happy with "Hawk" and Adrienne's relationship.  First Adrienne ends up going back in time to the 16th century. (I am not sure how well I would handle that.) Once she believes she is not dreaming she tries to make a life in Scotland in the 16th century.  However before she believes that she time traveled she has to get everyone to believe she is someone else (the people that found her are passing her off as there dead daughter to comply with the kings order of marriage to "Hawk"). She  is forced to marry a man that she has never met. He is a womanizer and did not even make it to their wedding, he has his head guard marry her for him.   Adrienne has been burned in the pass by good looking men and wants nothing to do with them.  However after she is married and meets her husband she has to find away to get pass his looks if the marriages is going to work.  "Hawk" is not use to women saying No to him and Adrienne is the first.  Once he realizes he wants her he has to get her to open up and accept him.  There are other forces out there playing games with their relationship and they have to over come that as well (not to mention the time travel issue).  So if you like Highland, Scottish, Time travel and romance books this is a great book to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment